Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chicken Tortellini Soup (aka Fort Wahoo Soup)

Posted by Picasa


This soup is liked by all who eat it.....save one child, and if you know my family, you know just who that child is! He eats it, but he really dislikes pasta. I am putting in the original recipe as I received it, but I am putting my twists and turns in parenthesis.

  • 12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I have used canned chicken and chicken off the bone. It all works fine.)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 - 14 oz cans chicken broth (I used broth from the chicken I cook off the bone. It works fine. Also, chicken bouillon works fine.)
  • 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 3/4 cups water (more or less)
  • 2 medium carrots cut into matchstick strips
  • 2 cups packed torn spinach
  • 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
  • 9 oz. cheese-tortellini (I have used homemade, but the refrigerator style holds up best.)

Cut rinsed and dried chicken into pieces and cook and stir with garlic in the olive oil for 5-6 minutes. Dump everything into a crock pot. Cook on low. About 15 minutes before serving, turn the crock pot up to high and add the spinach and tortellini for the last 10 minutes. Serve warm. This soup holds up for next day's lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment